Thursday, June 21, 2012

Avengers Superhero Birthday

M and I celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary last month.  You know the saying “time flies when you’re having fun”?  Well, the past ten years have traveled at warp speed.  I know it’s not just because they’ve been fun, but because I’ve be fortunate enough to spend them with a man that I couldn’t love more.


Apparently he’s quite the little party planner as well.  Unbeknownst to me, he had secretly been planning an anniversary party for 2 months, a party that was actually a vow renewal ceremony complete with several of the original wedding party cast members and even a wedding cake.
It was so amazing.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to ALL who helped……and didn’t spill the beans J 
I’ve slightly digressed. 
M and I had planned a little trip to toast our 10 blissful years, and as it turns out, some of our dear friends would be toasting with us.
{Come to think of it, we did a lot of toasting that weekend.  Mmmmm.  Wine.} 
At lunch on our way outta town, we were chatting away with our friends and their sons birthday came up.  I, of course, perked right up and began grilling her on all the party details.
 Where?
 When?
 Theme?

As it turns out, he’s a big Avengers fan.
That was all I needed to hear.
A couple of trips to the store later that week {I forgot to mention that we had the chat about his party only ONE WEEK before said party} and a rummage through my party stash, and we were ready to save the world, or whatever it is the Avengers do.
I have girls.
Sorry.  I’m clueless when it comes to superheros. 
Sadly, I forgot my camera the day of the party and was stuck taking pics with my phone.  It’s supposed to be a smartphone, it’s not.  It doesn’t take the best pics, but when it’s all you have, it’s all you have.  Sorry for the poor quality, BUT even with my crappy pics, you can still see how cute everything turned out.

Through the magic of Photoshop, I made this poster to look kinda like a comic book cover.  Look closely.  It’s the birthday boy’s face!
 

We grabbed lots of red, white and blue décor items from Dollar Tree.

I covered a shoe box with white butcher paper then glued on tons of small black squares to resemble and skyscraper.  We put the Avenger cast around the building.  Hulk was actually hanging from the side, and Iron Man was flying {with the help of fishing line} above.
They had the AWESOME Captain America shield.  We hung it by the front door and put out masks for the guest to wear.
 

Using the same graphic that is on the poster, I made these cupcake toppers.




The kids and even the parents dressed up.  It was so cute!


Thanks for letting me be a part of your party Spencer!  Happy Birthday!!

1 comment:

  1. This turned out great! I'm glad the paper held up on the cupcakes too!
    -Stephanie
    OD Copy Center on break ;)

    ReplyDelete