Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Class of 2012 Grad Party

Where does the time go??

One of the sweet little girls I used to babysit, who happens to be not so little anymore,
recently graduated high school.

I had the pleasure of being a part of her graduation party this last weekend.  The graduate is big on the equestrian scene and received a scholarship to Texas A&M, thus our party theme was obvious. 

We had this large 2’ x 3’ pic printed then mounted it and hung it above the dessert/candy bar table.




The custom invite I designed was formatted to fit inside the graduation announcements, and the colors coordinated with all the décor items.

Her favorite color is pink, so we paired that with the Texas A&M logo.  All the logo’d graphics, paper goods, décor items and slips covers were custom made by Lolligags. 


Using canvas, I made these ‘slipcovers’ for the hay bales.  I added some burlap ribbon trim and hand stenciled on the A&M logo.  The hay was on loan from a local feed store.  Can’t beat free seating!!
 

Using some twine and wooden clothespins, we displayed photos, artwork, awards and mementos of the graduates.
 

The morning of the party I picked up several bunches of pink wild flowers from a local farmers market, and put them in glass jars.  It’s a super easy, inexpensive and really pretty way to make centerpieces.


The tiered ruffled tablecloths were also made by Lolligags {more specifically my slave laborer aka my mama.  Have I mentioned how much she rocks??  Love ya mom!}  These tablecloths took over 39 yards of fabric and an equal amount of time, but the end result was totally worth it. 


We used lots of galvanized tubs for ‘coolers’.


These canvas table runners were hand stenciled and I added a little white ruffle to tie them in with the ruffled tablecloths.
 







We had to-go boxes available for guests to fill with candy and cupcakes as party favors.









 

 You can never go wrong with an assortment of delicious gourmet cupcakes.


The cupcake picks coordinated with the A&M bunting that we strung outside.




  Did I mention there was a mechanical bull!?!?


Congratulations Avery!!

We are so proud of you and wish you all the best as you prepare to take life by the horns!

{sorry. couldn't help myself.}

:)


3 comments: