Saturday, February 23, 2013

Tabletop Pergola

Happy Saturday everyone!
 
Last week we attended, as a vendor, a bridal show at Persimmon Country club.  In preparation for the event, I decided that I wanted to come up with an original tablescape concept and design.  I’ve always been a big fan of pergolas.  There is something about them that I find inviting, romantic and classy.  I love it when they are covered with beautiful blooming plants, or strung with strands of small globe lights.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen one I didn’t like, and if we didn’t live where it rained 9 months out of the year, I’d have one on my house.
 
With the help of my “contractors” {aka my hubby and dad}, we scaled down this architectural structure I’m so fond of, and made a tabletop pergola.  We constructed our pergola out of reclaimed, FREE, wood.  Not only did this help in the budget department, it gave our structure a weathered, distressed look.  Double bonus!
 
The real fun began after the building was complete.  The styling!  I made some custom linens out of a canvas drop cloth, and used chocolate brown satin napkins I already had.  Some cream plates, antique flatware, champagne glasses and coffee filter flowers finished off the place settings.  For the centerpiece I used a variety of candle holders and a boxwood plant.  Using potted plants for centerpieces is a great way to save money AND they can be given away as gifts or used in your own landscaping after you event.  This boxwood only cost $4.50, that’s a significant savings compared to flowers.
 
Take a look at the pictures!  I’d love to hear what you think.  I’m so pleased with how it came out and may just have to use it at home this summer!
 

 
 
 

 

 



 

 

 

 
 
 



I'm always looking for an excuse to dream up unique, one-of-a-kind designs.  If you have an event coming up and need some ideas, I'd love to help!  Email me at lolligags@gmail.com for more information.
 
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment