Saturday, October 15, 2011

Baby Ruby’s Shower

Yikes! I’ve SERIOUSLY been neglecting this blog….is history repeating itself? I certainly hope not! Allow me to attempt redemption with this post.

I recently had the pleasure of designing a baby shower for a client who had so much on her plate, she gave me free reign to do whatever I liked. I’m not gonna lie, IT.WAS.GREAT!! Here’s what I came up with:





The baby carriage was loaned by a dear friend whom didn’t mind me changing it from brown to pink, in fact I’m pretty sure she’s always wanted it pink ;)



I couldn’t resist making some tissue paper pom pom’s! They’re just too dang cute…..and soooooo easy! The pink and white polka dot back drop is just wrapping paper. Doesn’t get easier than that.



The throw pillow covers were made from fabric remenants and embellished with pink jewel trim {both purchased at Digger, aka The Bins, the Goodwill Outlet, Best.Place.Ever. If you’ve never been, you don’t know what you’re missing!} .



I made a coordinating slipcover for two square ottomans to make a place the guest of honor could rest her feet while opening gifts. The white bench is my own.



I got this giant old frame {also purchased at Digger}, painted it white and stapled some burlap {free from CL} to the inside. Then I spray pained the pink stripes and painted the name on. Lastly I added some jewel trim to the frame and some jewled silk flowers to the burlap. I hung it above the food table and the sweet mommy-to-be got to keep it. She plans on hanging it in the baby’s room.



With the help of my mom, I made a GINORMOUS tu-tu for our food table to “wear”.



I convinced M to help tackle yet another project for me. He made me this PERFECT cupcake stand! He is such a keeper! I painted it, added a tu-tu and small metal dress form {that I also painted and added the tu-tu and jewels to}. I LOVE how it turned out!



The back drop is gathered vinyl tablecloths, another one of my favorite inexpensive tricks.
















I hope you enjoyed the pics. Thanks for waiting so patiently for a post, and even more thanks for reading. I’d love it if you’d consider following or sharing with a friend!


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment