Friday, October 21, 2011

Halloween Decorations at Our House

T-minus 10 days and counting till Halloween! Yippee!!


I love Halloween.


Not sure if it’s because it’s an excuse for me to dress up OR because my girls collect mountains of candy……that I get to “inspect”. Can you believe they don’t like Tootsie Rolls?! Could I produce a child that doesn’t like Tootsie Rolls?! Apparently I can. And did. 3 times. :)


I thought I’d share with all of you fine people some of the ways I’ve decorated for this fun holiday.


I wanted to keep things fairly monochromatic this year, so I mostly used black {of course}, white, off-white and bronze.


Take a look.


Let me know what you think.


I’d love to hear about how you’ve decorated.




I made this spider egg sack with batting, cheese cloth, hot glue and lots of little black plastic spiders.


May not be as realistic as one you'd buy, BUT it's waaaaaay cheaper! High five!!







A black crow I picked up at, yep, you guessed it, Dollar Tree.


I perched it on some old glass bottles I have in my dining room.


A Dollar Tree rat. Got this guy on a recent Vegas trip.


Yes, I just admitted to going to Dollar Tree while in Las Vegas. Why gamble when you can buy something this freakin' cool for only a buck!




This spider started out a glow-in-the-dark whiteish color.


Wasn't working for me.


A little black spray paint and we're good to go.


Add a revamped Dollar Tree pumpkin, and put it all under a glass dome.


{keep reading and you'll see a better pic of the pumpkin and hear what I did to it}



Here's a shot of the mantle.


Some more cheese cloth with little black spiders, a couple of bronze color pumpkins, a black crow and a GIANT spider.


I love it!


Btw, I picked up the spider in the "dollar section" at Target for only $2.50!





This arrangement is inside my fireplace on a mirrored tray.


I got some wood logs from our wood pile, scraped off the bark and cut them in various sizes.


Add some faux pumpkins and candles for a great {and easy} fall/Halloween look that'll work all the way into Thanksgiving.



I added these rubber spiders every so often around the living room.


They actually work pretty good at freaking you out.


Just ask my girls, they're always scaring each other with them.



Here's the revamped Dollar Tree pumpkin I talked about earlier.


You may have seen these at Dollar Tree.


They had some aesthetically UNpleasing silk/plastic "arrangement" {if you can even call it that} coming out the top.


I ripped that crap out as soon and I got them home, then painted them an off white.


I made the stem out of some rope, using hot glue to build it and secure it to the pumpkin.




These faux pumpkins started out bright orange but some off white paint fixed them right up.


I stacked them on top of each other, put them out by the front door and voila!






I hope you enjoyed the pics and maybe even got some ideas for a little last minute decorating in your own home.


Thanks for reading!


I’d love it if you’d consider following and sharing with your friends.

Have a GREAT weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment