Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pirates and a SNOW DAY!!!

What is it about snow days?  Don’t know about you, but around here we LOVE them.  And lucky for us, it doesn’t take very much snow to get school canceled.  They really should call them 'Slush Days', or perhaps 'It-Looks-Like-It-Could-Maybe-Possibly-Snow-And-I-Don’t-Wanna-Drive-In-It-Day'.  Call whatever you want; as long as we get to sleep in, I’m good with it. 

Last weekend my dear friends twin boys turned 3.  Her sons and my youngest daughter are a little less than two months apart, so we got to be pregnant together. This meant I had someone to go through the McDonald’s drive-thru with me and order 20 piece McNuggets.  Don’t judge me.  I’ve heard ALL about how they make McNuggets, and frankly when those pregnancy cravings are calling, you just don’t care. 

I offered to help her with the tablescape for G & B’s party.  The theme was Pirates, so of course I immediately had visions of pirate ships.  With help {a lot of help} from M, we came up with a really cute design.  Using $7 worth of dowels from Home Depot, some FREE wood I’d picked up awhile back {you just never know when you’ll need some 2X4’s, plywood, picket fencing, etc.} and some left over wood stain, we had ourselves a ship!  I made the sails from some misc. fabric I’d picked up at Digger and the table cloth was a striped one my mom has had forever.  I revamped the cupcake stand he built me this summer {used both here and here}, and we slapped together some “crates” using paint stir sticks {which the sweet gal at Home Depot gave me for FREE! Whoop whoop!!}  A basket made the perfect crow’s nest, some cute pirate bunting and this FREE printable finished it off.  Some of the pics are a tad blurry {sorry bout that.  I think I’m still having withdrawals from my recent break-up with coffee}, but take a look at what I came up with.




She had this cute Sock Monkey pirate already.  How perfect was that?!



I can't take any credit for this treasure chest.  The birthday boys' grandma made it from an old diaper box.  Yep, she's that good.


Treasure chest cupcakes.  Make the sand by crushing up graham crackers and dipping frosted cupcakes in them.


Just because you're serving pizza doesn't mean you can't make it look cute.  We arranged the different varieties on platters and it looked great!


I picked up this cute wooden treasure chest at Craft Warehouse for $1.50!  Score!!  Fill it with gold candies from the bulk section of the grocery store and you've got yourself a tasty little treasure.

Well, that's it for now.  Hope everyone has a great day, only two more days till the weekend!  Yay!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment